Saturday 13 June 2009

Scene fit for a movie

Like some of you might know, I had my prom two nights ago. The party was a blast, the place was stunning, the people were nice, the music was okay. I danced a lot. I drank a lot of red wine. No one minded. We all had an awesome time. At 3:30 the band sang their last song, we all wept like babies because we'll most likely not see each other all too often any more.

Then it was time to go home, but by the time I stopped crying, most of my classmates had already gone so I had no one from my class to go home with. That's when I saw my friend whom I've known for 12 years, still with her class, undecided what to do. After a bit of talking we decided to start walking home, along with a guy I like to call my best guy friend.

That was an interesting sight...we stopped for a few minutes to talk to a few friends who were waiting for their ride, i washed my face in the fountain in front of this high-end hotel and tore a small branch full of tiny roses from a bush and fumbled with it until I finally managed to put it into my hair.

We decided to start walking home and when we couldn't anymore, we'd take a cab in stead. The original plan was to go to this park to see the sunrise...but of course our feet hurt too much after all that dancing (and walking barefoot a mile or so on the concrete), so we took a cab home. Said bye to the girl and walked home with the guy as the first rays of the sun were already showing. Starting to get all movie-esque, right? Yep, it was.

He walked me home and before I went up the stairs, I told him to give me a kiss on the cheek because, even though we live like 3 minutes from eachother, god knows when we'll get to meet again cause we're both lazy asses. So he gave me a kiss on the cheek...and then, feeling inspired (actually, feeling that damn rose branch's tiny torns prick at my scalp), I took it out from my hair and as I started walking up the stairs I gave it to him. Just as our fingers touched, a very strong gust of wind blew by, ruffling my skirt and both our hairs and time froze for that second. Then he smiled and said 'Well, this was a scene even Twilight could envy.' And with that, the moment passed and I walked up the stairs and into my house. As soon as I locked the door, a terrible,great, big, HUGE thunderstorm started, with lightning flickering across the sky every-so-often, and then a great rain set in.

I couldnt help but wonder why mother nature got so wrathful all of a sudden. Was she pissed because I had screwed up 4 years of my life, not spending them like she intended me to? Was she crying with me, mourning the 'lost youth', or against me, in a fit of rage, because I hadnt done what I was supposed to, not even on this last night?
I have no clue, but all I know is that nature was really mirrorring my mood right then...because I felt happy, sad, angry, disappointed, complete and wrathful, all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment